Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The Devil Said No

How do I impress ears courted by recycled grace
When I tried not to care, I took a glimpse fearful to stare.
I know why I grew bored from the woman I once loved
Because I want my blues heartfelt from the Devil's shoes.

Could I? Should I? Would I? Will I? To the Devil sell my soul for better Rock 'n Roll
I heard about Robert Johnson and the curse he brought to the '27 club'
But the Devil said no
To me he said no

Sure I remember where was I headed, why would he buy what was guaranteed to fry.
He said "you're gonna have to be you for the rest of your life boy",
I thought you would like to know
That the Devil said no
To me he said no.

I think I'm gonna have you when I'm done playing this tune
I think I'm gonna have you like we both know that I should
So don't you argue with me,
You know I can't be too long without having you
Too long without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment